About the Writer

My photo
Manila, Philippines, Philippines
- a wife. - a sister. - a mother. - a blogger. - a friend.

Friday, February 24

School sucks but not really.

I am Jovimay.  I never liked my name.  I think it's too girly, some like it though -- they say it's unique.

My dad's name is Jose, my mom's name is Virginia. My birthday is May 13, 1979.  I am 32.  I am the eldest among 3 siblings.  We were raised with all the finest things, but we were taught how to be humble and that money cannot buy happiness.  We were taught how to respect people and their indifference.  We were taught that there is nothing greater than God.

We were told that we have to work harder to support ourselves, that we should not take advantage of other people's goodness.  I grew up having my mom all the time, my dad had to work overseas to support us and provide, he left when I was 2 years old.  I was 6 when I realized that I have a father.

I went to Paco Catholic School and had my younger years were nuns are my teachers. I can barely remember anything, except that my mom would bring me to work every Saturday and she would set-up a small table, chair, paper and colored pens and that I would color and pretend that I am talking to someone over the phone.

Then came my elementary years, I went to Little Jesus Montessori school, I wasn't part of the popular kids in school, but I am always asked by my teachers to join school contests and the infamous -- Miss United Nations.  I was never confident about myself.

When I reached highschool, -- that's how I learned that boys are into beautiful girls.  They like girls with long black hair with bows , pretty faces and boobs. YES! The little bastards are into boobs.
And again, I never belonged to any group -- The JOCKS - the team of athletes, The CHEERLEADERS - the girlfriends of the athletes, The NERDS - the ones who are being picked on by the girlfriends of the athletes and the athletes and I belonged to the group where I man the props department when there is a school program.

I can't wait for college.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who Viewed Me